You must qualify for need based financial aid in order to be considered for the Perkins Loan Program. You can request the Perkins Loan on the UL Lafayette Data Form. Funds are very limited in this program.
- Student borrows directly from the University.
- Long-term loan has a fixed 5% interest, with yearly awards ranging up to $5,500 for undergraduates and $8,000 for graduates.
- Funding is limited and awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Continuing Perkins borrowers are awarded first.
- Repayment begins nine months after graduation or last date of half-time enrollment.
- First-time borrowers must attend an initial borrowers meeting and students graduating, leaving school or ceasing at least half-time enrollment must attend an exit meeting.