College is often the first time you are managing money on your own. To keep track of your expenses, create a budget or a spending plan.
Budgeting Empowers You
Organize your finances with a budget so that you are in control ... not guessing whether you are able to meet your expenses every month. Develop and follow a spending plan so that you save money and prevent stress.
Spend Your Money Wisely
If you receive a financial aid refund, the money is meant to help you pay for unbilled educational expenses, like books, travel, rent (if living off-campus), etc.
- Keep track of your tuition bill and aid. Check ULink often.
- Understand your income and expenses. Review your monthly spending.
- Keep copies of your bills, record the amount paid, method paid, and the date payment was made.
- Purchase used instead of new textbooks.
- Live on campus to save money.
- If living off-campus, find a roommate and purchase a commuter meal plan.
- Get a part-time job.
- Be creative when going on a date or an outing with friends. Students have access to many free events and discounts at local businesses.