The best way to tell if you are eligible to receive aid is to apply. Many factors are taken into account. If you think you might need financial assistance to attend college, you should apply.
You might be interested in part-time work or a federal student loan – both are available through financial aid. More than half of UL Lafayette students receive some form of financial aid.
In order to be eligible for Federal Student Aid, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or permanent resident alien
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment, at least halftime, in a degree or certificate program
- Make satisfactory academic progress towards a degree
- Register with the Selective Service Administration
- Not be in default on a loan or owe a repayment on a previous financial aid award
- Establish financial need
- Register for classes by the deadline for the semester