- To be considered for a PLUS loan - please apply at http://www.studentloans.gov
PLUS Loans are available to parent borrowers for dependent students. PLUS Loans are not based on financial need. A credit check is required; loans may not be approved for applicants who have adverse credit history.
PLUS Loans are also available to Graduate students. GradPLUS loan are not based on financial need. A credit check is required; loans may not be approved for applicatns who have adverse credit history.
Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for a Federal Direct PLUS or Federal Direct GradPLUS Loan.
- Parent/Graduate Student borrows from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Long-term loan with a fixed interest rate of 7.60%.
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time.
- The annual loan limit is the student's cost of education, minus any other financial aid award and/or resources.
- Repayment usually begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed.