Federal Direct PLUS Loan
To be considered for a PLUS loan, please apply at studentaid.gov.
PLUS Loans are available to parent borrowers for dependent students. PLUS Loans are not based on financial need. A credit check is required and loans may not be approved for applicants who have an adverse credit history.
PLUS Loans are also available to Graduate students. GradPLUS loans are not based on financial need. A credit check is required and loans may not be approved for applicants who have an adverse credit history.
Students must complete the FAFSA to be considered for a Federal Direct PLUS or Federal Direct GradPLUS Loan.
- Parent/Graduate Student borrows from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Long-term loan with a fixed interest rate of 7.54%1
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time.
- The annual loan limit is the student's cost of education minus any other financial aid award and/or resources.
- Repayment usually begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed.
- Repayment begins six months after graduation or the last date of at least half-time enrollment.
¹ Interest rates change each school year.