You are here

Work-Study & Student Jobs

Working can help pay for your education — as well as enrich your studies and beef up your resume by acquiring skills and valuable experience. National research shows that if you work part-time while in college you will likely improve your overall academic performance and satisfaction. Student employment also can help you land future jobs.

Check with Career Services to find non-Federal Work-Study campus or community jobs.

Remote Operations

While the University is utilizing remote delivery of operations, all student employees will be paid even though they do not or cannot work.   Student employees should enter their hours in Time Entry not to exceed the maximum amount of hours allowed.  Supervisors should continue to approve the timesheets for the scheduled payrolls.  If a student does not enter their hours, they will not be paid.

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study program provides jobs on or off-campus to eligible undergraduate and graduate students. Students are assigned to a University department or a community service agency for an average of 12 hours per week and paid the federal minimum wage ($7.25/hr).

The first step in determining your eligibility for a work-study is to file the FAFSA.

Once you have accepted your financial aid award in ULink, you can check in Foster Hall Room 221 or call 337-482-6499 for work-study eligibility and/or availability. If the only federal aid you are receiving is an Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan, you are not eligible for the Federal Work-Study program.

If you are not eligible for federal work-study, you can still work on campus and in the community.

Departmental Jobs

Some University offices have departmental funds to pay student employees.

Some of the departments that hire through departmental funds are:

  • Housing
  • Post Office
  • Recreational Sports
  • Student Rights and Responsibilities
  • Student Union