Student Loan Code of Conduct
This code is established to standardize the best practices at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in providing optimum educational loans and loan consolidations to our students and their parents.
- University employees will not accept anything from lenders/guarantors/servicers doing business with or anticipating doing business with the university other than promotional items of nominal value or food and beverages consumed in the presence of a lender/guarantor/servicer.
- University employees are prohibited from receiving anything of value, including trips, for serving on the advisory board of a loan institution.
- Students and parents will be clearly told that they may select the lender of their choice regardless of the list. An option will be provided for the student to indicate their lender of preference
- All lenders are encouraged to provide educational brochures for our students to browse in the Financial Aid Office. This will provide the students with the opportunity to learn about each lender.
- UL Lafayette will not receive any financial benefits in exchange for giving lenders, guarantors or servicers a competitive advantage or preferential treatment. UL Lafayette will not accept financial benefits from a lender, guarantor or servicer in return for being placed on a school's lender list.
- All financial aid personnel will comply with the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) Statement of Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals as stated at http://www.nasfaa.org.